Lemon, Ginger and Garlic tea recipe is the perfect sip of tea when you aren’t feeling well or just want a healthy warm drink. A surprisingly comforting and cozy tea that is packed with flavor, but it also helps boost immunity, reduce inflammation, and improve overall health. Made with fresh ingredients, this tea is packed with the powerful health benefits of garlic and infused with the refreshing taste of ginger and lemon. Finishing off this tea is a spoonful of honey which adds a sweet taste to this nourishing garlic tea.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclosure policy here.
What is the Purpose of Garlic Tea?
The main purpose of garlic tea is to reap the many health benefits of garlic. It has been said that consuming garlic may help boost immunity and reduce inflammation, along with a host of other benefits including heart health.
Don’t let thoughts of a strong taste of garlic keep you from this healthy tea! To combat that strong garlic flavor and also include more nutritional value, I’ve included ginger and lemon along with honey in this recipe. Ginger and lemon help to mellow out the garlic taste. The addition of honey adds an extra flavoring of sweetness that complements the ingredients perfectly. The results are a comforting healthy drink!
Overall, drinking a cup of this delicious tea can help you get a dose of beneficial vitamins and minerals from garlic, ginger, lemon, and honey while also enjoying their restorative properties.
How to Make Garlic Tea
- Fresh Garlic Cloves – peeled and sliced.
- Fresh Ginger Root – ginger root can either be grated or sliced into thin strips.
- Lemon – wash the lemon and slice it into the medium size pieces.
- Honey – I love the nutritional benefits and taste of raw honey.
- Filtered Water
Useful Kitchen Tools
Recipe for Garlic Lemon Ginger Honey Tea
Peel and slice garlic cloves and ginger and add them to a small cooking pot.
Wash the lemon and slice it into rounds. Add lemon to your pot and pour over the water.
Bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Allow the tea to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Strain out cooked garlic, lemon, and ginger.
Stir in honey.
Serve hot or cold.
Add optional fresh lemon slices and or more honey to taste.
How Many Cloves of Garlic in Tea?
The amount of garlic cloves that should be used for a cup of garlic tea depends on your individual taste preference. Generally, one to three cloves are used per serving. If you’ve never had garlic tea before, it is recommended to start with one clove and then adjust the number as needed since the flavor of garlic can be quite strong. I only use 1 clove of garlic per cup of water.
How Long do you Steep Garlic Tea?
Generally, garlic tea is steeped between 5 and 10 minutes. Garlic tea is steeped in order to draw out the full flavor and taste it has to offer. It’s important not to steep the tea too long as that could result in an overly strong flavor.
Garlic Tea Benefits
Garlic, Honey, and Lemon are generally considered safe for adults, but keep allergies and other health concerns in mind and make sure to check with your trusted medical professional before making any changes to your wellness routine.
From personal experience, garlic can be hard for the stomach to get used too at first. Drinking garlic tea with a meal is a great idea until your stomach can grow accustomed to the strong taste.
Garlic, Honey, Ginger, and Lemon Benefits
- Garlic has been found to have strong antiviral, antibacterial, and antifungal properties which may help boost immunity, reduce inflammation, and fight off infections. The antioxidants in garlic tea can also help to protect the body from free radical damage and reduce the risk of certain diseases.
- Honey is a natural sweetener that provides many health benefits. It contains antioxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds, and antibacterial properties that may help to promote overall wellbeing and improve the body’s resistance to disease. Honey is also a good source of vitamins and minerals.
- Ginger has long been used in traditional medicine and has many therapeutic properties. It is known to possibly have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant that may benefits and help boost our immune systems. Ginger is also a good source of vitamins and minerals, further enhancing your garlic tea!
- Lemon is rich in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that helps boost immunity and protect the body from free radical damage. Additionally, lemon’s natural nutrition may help infections and aid in digestion.
Garlic Tea for Sore Throat and Cough
This garlic tea recipe, combined with ginger, honey, and lemon, is a remedy for a sore throat as it has many possible health benefits that may help to reduce irritation and provide relief. Additionally, the vitamin C in lemon helps to boost immunity and fight off infection. Honey and ginger both have anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce soreness and pain associated with a sore throat. As always, see your trusted medical professional before making any changes to your health routine.
Fresh Garlic or Garlic Tea Bags?
When it comes to making garlic tea, I prefer to use fresh ingredients. However, there is always a time that calls for tea bags. When using fresh garlic, the cloves are sliced or minced and added directly to the boiling water. This method allows you to fully control the intensity of flavor according to your individual taste preference, and to infuse with ginger, lemon, and honey as you like.
On the other hand, garlic tea bags offer a convenient way to make your tea with less fuss. All you need to do is steep one bag in hot water, and infuse it with lemon and ginger! Your garlic tea is ready.
In any case, make sure to source your garlic and ingredients from trusted quality sources.
Why You Will LOVE Garlic Tea!
- Garlic tea is a delicious and nutritious beverage that provides numerous health benefits.
- It can help strengthen your immune system, reduce inflammation, and even possibly aid in weight loss.
- The combination of garlic, ginger, lemon, honey, and water provides a powerhouse of antioxidants and antiviral properties to help fight off infections. Plus, the added vitamins and minerals found in garlic tea offers numerous benefits too!
- The flavor is actually delicious.
- So next time you’re feeling under the weather, try making a cup of garlic and ginger tea with lemon and honey – it could be just what your body needs!
- You can even enjoy this delicious beverage anytime for a cozy warm drink.
- Is Drinking Garlic Tea Good for You? Garlic tea has gained a lot of attention recently due to its purported health-promoting benefits. With its high levels of antioxidants, antiviral and antibacterial properties, garlic tea may be beneficial for reducing inflammation and fighting off infections. Additionally, it is also thought to have many other potential health benefits.
- Can Garlic Tea Be Used to Treat a Sore Throat? Yes, garlic tea may be used as a remedy for sore throat relief, though not as a replacement for your doctor’s recommendation. The antioxidants found in garlic tea may help to reduce irritation and provide relief from soreness associated with a sore throat. Additionally, the combination of ginger, lemon, honey, and garlic offers anti-inflammatory properties that can help ease inflammation.
- What is the Best Way to Store Garlic Tea? The servings for this recipe are purposely small. Garlic tea is best when enjoyed fresh. If you do have leftovers you can store them in the refrigerator for a day or two.
- Benefits of Garlic Tea Before Bed? Garlic tea is a delicious and nutritious beverage that can offer numerous benefits, even before bedtime. Plus the flavor is amazing!
- Garlic Tea Recipe for Colds? Garlic tea is a delicious and nourishing drink that can be beneficial in fighting off colds. The combination of garlic, ginger, lemon, honey, and water provides anti-inflammatory properties that may help reduce symptoms associated with a cold.
- What types of Garlic should I use for Tea? The type of garlic you use for garlic tea depends on your personal preference. Most common garlic varieties should work well in this recipe.
More Herbal Tea Recipes You Will Love!
I hope you enjoy this tea recipe. Leave a comment below and let’s connect!
Garlic Tea Recipe
The lemon, Ginger, and Garlic tea recipe is the perfect sip of tea when you aren’t feeling well or just want a healthy warm drink. A surprisingly comforting and cozy tea that is packed with flavor, but it also helps boost immunity, reduce inflammation, and improve overall health. Made with fresh ingredients, this tea is packed with the powerful health benefits of garlic and infused with the refreshing taste of ginger and lemon. Finishing off this tea is a spoonful of honey which adds a sweet taste to this nourishing garlic tea.
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger
- 4 Lemon Slices
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 Cups Water
- Peel and slice garlic cloves and ginger and add them to a small cooking pot.
- Wash the lemon and slice it into rounds. Add lemon to your pot and pour over the water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce the heat. Allow the tea to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain out cooked garlic, lemon, and ginger.
- Stir in honey.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 87Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 22mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 18gProtein 1g
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition is calculated by Nutronionix.
Leave a Reply